Datastores sync local

debi@n

Nov 12, 2015
Málaga,Spain
Hi, i have a VM with PBS installed, Could be possible sync 2 datastores in local? (over GUI?)
my scenario: (3 disks)
/dev/sda1 (system of proxmox backup server)
/dev/sdb1 (here, i make the copies with Proxmox Server)
/dev/sdc1 (i want sync with sdb1, i could do it with rsync... but i don´t know if i can over gui.)

Thanks in advance!

yeah, you can define a remote pointing at the same PBS instance, and then sync one local datastore with another local datastore.

Reactions: randre.wright
yeah, you can define a remote pointing at the same PBS instance, and then sync one local datastore with another local datastore.
Thank you! Glad I stumbled on this answer after searching all around the internet for a way to back up my 4TB PBS mirrored datastore to a portable External USB drive. I set my remote host to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) - and username@pam. My intention is to store this backup offsite as a spun down snapshot without the overhead of another PBS.

Local Datastore: portable disk
Source Remote: Self
Source Datasore: mirrored zfs setup
Removed vanished: checked.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!