Database Server With vRack & Failover IPs

Gh0st

Apr 15, 2021
HI,

I'm struggling to get my head around H/A with OVH and vRack. I have a small database server I want to provide some redundancy too. I have three servers located in the same region and vRack configured with a subnet of IPs. Can someone give me an example of the networking? I was thinking I would add a new interface something like vmbr2 with an IP in my failover subnet attached to the vRack on all three servers. The VM would then use that connection.

What I don't understand is the routing of the IP block. If it's pointed to server A and it's knocked offline how does H/A work? How does the connection get rerouted to server b or server c?

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!