[SOLVED] Cyberpower Powerpanel Business broken

das1996

May 26, 2021
Proxmox 6.4
Asus X570-e Motherboard
Amd 5800x cpu
64GB ram

I am running their linux version within proxmox itself (no container/vm). Using this 64 bit installer - https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/p...nel-business/powerpanel-business-4-4-0-linux/ .

The issue is intermittently, the software will stop communicating with the UPS (CP1350PFCLCDa). Software doesn't register a loss of communication event. If I refresh the status page, it will display the same stale data from when it last had communications. Nothing in any logs show loss of communication. When this happens, even disconnecting the cable doesn't register any status changes. Nothing in dmesg either.

Issuing a service ppbed restart corrects it for some interval of time (random). This can be a few hours, a day, 2 days, but is completely random. For now i've set a cron job to restart it every 6 hours, but would like a proper fix. Their customer service suggested going to NUT.

The issue occurs with the ups plugged into both a usb 3 and usb 2 ports. I've also tested usb connectivity on this board by way of external hd with activity every few minutes. No disconnects or other issues.

I'm open to ideas?

This was eventually fixed in one of the PPB updates. Currently running PPBE 4.8.0 and no disconnect issues. However, I do periodically see communications restored in the ppb event log. I'd surmise to say either the software or ups is buggy. Using similar ups on a windows box with same motherboard, there are no disconnects.

Ups connected to proxmox. No particular pattern. Can go days without disconnects.

1691428111592.png

The updated linux software includes a watchdog service. It would appear that is what restarts the main service when certain things happen (or don't happen).

As it seems the issue is solved - as thread creator you can set the 'SOLVED' prefix on the thread by clicking on 'Edit Thread' above your first post and selecting it.

(done for this one - but as a suggestion for next time)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!