[SOLVED] Custom Status Check

Nivin37

Feb 8, 2022
Hi,

I have Dashy setup trying to monitor pve & pbs.

However I'm not able to work out if there is a port that is available that will return 200 ok if requested.

Below is an extract from Dashy,
Custom status check endpoint for this item. Useful if the default URL doesn't return 200, or if your service has a dedicated status check endpoint

Anyone able to help?

Steve...

I don't know what you want to do, but just a general "is it there", is possible. The default URL will work:

https://<proxmox name or ip>:8006/

It'll respond with 200. I don't know what you "know" now, but it will do what you want.

I started with the default url, not working for me.

Here is a snip of the config page.

1700600015882.png

As there is provision for custom url & headers I thought I'd try to get this working.

It is working for many other devices, VM's CT etc...

I was hoping someone else may have already worked it out.

Thanks anyway...

I'm not familiar with this tool, yet I tried setup a nagios/icinga-based check and it works as it should:

Code:
$ /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -H 172.16.16.101 -S -p 8006
HTTP OK: HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 2656 bytes in 0.060 second response time |time=0.060033s;;;0.000000;10.000000 size=2656B;;;0

So, maybe you try to set your tool to debuggin and see what it acually does?

Have you deactivated the SSL check so that insecure connections are also accepted? Or do you have a qualified certificate on the node?

Thanks sb-jw, for your prompt on insecure connections, had me go back and look harder at the config.

I was abe to configure
Code:
statusCheckAllowInsecure
which then gave me a positive online status, what I was after.

Thanks again for all the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!