Correct settings for Hetzner and allowed MAC-addresses?

FuriousRage

Renowned Member
Oct 17, 2014
Currently i have my servers IP set at eno1
2: eno1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether b4:2e:99:c9:b0:74 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
altname enp0s31f6
inet xx.yy.zz.kk/26 scope global eno1
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

Then i have a vmbr0 that is currently attached to one VM
3: vmbr0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether 0e:96:7e:e2:7b:68 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.100.1/24 scope global vmbr0
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

Ofcourse, the VM cannot connect to internet, nor be connected to at current stage, obviously.

Since Hetzner monitors for "unallowed mac-addresses", i need to do something, so any current and any new VM:s MAC-addresses to show up on their monitor tools.

Any ideas what i must do, so the VM:s works as i want, and yet not having random MAC:s to show outside my server?

Hi,

for this to work, you will need either a routed or masquerading setup.
We have a dedicated wiki page for this explaining all configurations & steps to set up in detail: Network Configuration.

You can also use the search function in the forum, there are lots of posts about this :)

Any ideas what i must do, so the VM:s works as i want, and yet not having random MAC:s to show outside my server?
if you want to use hetzner in bridged mode (personnaly, I don't recommanded it, because their network is shitty and flooding crap between differents customers), you need to use mac address provided by hetzner (should be configurable in their portal I think), and configure them in vms nic mac address field directly.

if you want to use hetzner in bridged mode (personnaly, I don't recommanded it, because their network is shitty and flooding crap between differents customers), you need to use mac address provided by hetzner (should be configurable in their portal I think), and configure them in vms nic mac address field directly.
Want and want, this is where i am currently. Been reading the pages linked earlier. I probably want to go routed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!