Contribute to Wiki?

Marvin

Jan 20, 2011
I would like to contribute some additional information to https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Moving_disk_image_from_one_KVM_machine_to_another. How do i do this?

5. Now, using Proxmox Web Admin, we can delete the disks from the "old" VM-108 so they will be "unused".

6. To do a hot addition of the new disk(s) you will need to manually edit the <vm>.conf:
  • nano /etc/pve/qemu-server/101.conf
  • Add line(s):
unused0: pve-pulpo/vm-101-disk-1
unused1: pve-pulpo/vm-101-disk-2
  • nano /etc/pve/qemu-server/108.conf
  • Delete line(s):
unused0: pve-pulpo/vm-108-disk-3
unused1: pve-pulpo/vm-108-disk-4
  • Refresh the Proxmox Web Admin. On the "new" VM-101, we'll have the disks as "unused", so we can add them.

Today I wanted to contribute to a wiki article and you cannot create an account, just login

Nice. What is the procedure to request a wiki account? There I can explain what I want to change. Here I am sticking to the generic thing (contribute to the wiki) so new visitors find it easier to follow

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!