Container specific vzdump config

woutwoot

Jul 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

I think (and hope) I have a relatively simple question:
I have a container with a Jenkins installation which I'd like to back-up, but I don't want/need to backup the working directory. Is there a way I can set the vzdump exclude option for this container specifically? I tried adding it to the container config, but it is not being recognized there.

I also looked into adding an extra virtual disk that is not being backed up, but it seems like that is not possible with containers.

Hello everyone,

I think (and hope) I have a relatively simple question:
I have a container with a Jenkins installation which I'd like to back-up, but I don't want/need to backup the working directory. Is there a way I can set the vzdump exclude option for this container specifically? I tried adding it to the container config, but it is not being recognized there.

you can pass it to vzdump (e.g., when manually calling it or by modifying the cron job)

I also looked into adding an extra virtual disk that is not being backed up, but it seems like that is not possible with containers.

you should be able to add an extra mountpoint that is not backed up, and that is probably the cleanest solution.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!