[SOLVED] Connecting error 401 unrecognized key format...

nico las

Dec 12, 2016
Dear community,

I have a big problem, I can't login anymore on the webinterface, root access in ssh is still working. I got the following message "Connecting error 401 unrecognized key format at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/AccessControl.pm"

Capture_d_e_cran_2017_01_20_a_11_09_41.png

I try to run apt-get update & apt-get dist-upgrade but the problem is still here.

pveversion -v
proxmox-ve: 4.4-78 (running kernel: 4.4.15-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.4-5 (running version: 4.4-5/c43015a5)
pve-kernel-4.4.35-1-pve: 4.4.35-77
pve-kernel-4.4.35-2-pve: 4.4.35-78
pve-kernel-4.4.15-1-pve: 4.4.15-60
pve-kernel-4.2.8-1-pve: 4.2.8-41
lvm2: 2.02.116-pve3
corosync-pve: 2.4.0-1
libqb0: 1.0-1
pve-cluster: 4.0-48
qemu-server: 4.0-102
pve-firmware: 1.1-10
libpve-common-perl: 4.0-85
libpve-access-control: 4.0-19
libpve-storage-perl: 4.0-71
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.8-1
vncterm: 1.2-1
pve-docs: 4.4-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.7.1-1
pve-container: 1.0-90
pve-firewall: 2.0-33
pve-ha-manager: 1.0-38
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-2+deb8u3
lxc-pve: 2.0.6-5
lxcfs: 2.0.5-pve2
criu: 1.6.0-1
novnc-pve: 0.5-8
smartmontools: 6.5+svn4324-1~pve80
zfsutils: 0.6.5.8-pve13~bpo80

Could you help me please to solve this ?

Dear community,

I have a big problem, I can't login anymore on the webinterface, root access in ssh is still working. I got the following message "Connecting error 401 unrecognized key format at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/AccessControl.pm"

It seems your /etc/pve/authkey.pub is corrupted, do you have done anything else besides updating or do you setup some own certificates/keys?

If not you can run:
Code:
pvecm updatecerts

This should regenerate it.

Dear sir,

Thanks for your answer. I don't do anything on ssh or web interface. I use ssh access just to update and save dump on ftp. Just that.

I tried the "pvecm updatecerts" command, I refreshed the webinterface but the problem is still here. I can't login.

Do you think I need to reboot all server and CT ?

I tried to move "mv authkey.pub authkey.pub_" to check if "pvecm updatecerts" works, but the "authkey.pub" did not regenerate after "pvecm updatecerts"

Do you think I need to reboot all server and CT ?

No shouldn't be needed, I'd try other ways first. :)

I tried to move "mv authkey.pub authkey.pub_" to check if "pvecm updatecerts" works, but the "authkey.pub" did not regenerate after "pvecm updatecerts"

Oh I missed something, sorry! The authkey gets only regenerated when the private key file does not exist, so can you try moving this to a temporary location?
Code:
mv /etc/pve/priv/authkey.key /etc/pve/priv/authkey.key.tmp
pvecm updatecerts

Thank you for this answer. I tried your commands, I reloaded the webpage, and when I try to log in I have "connection error".

authkey.pub will updated.
-rw-r----- 1 root www-data 451 Jan 20 14:57 authkey.pub

Do I need run something else ?

Capture_d_e_cran_2017_01_20_a_14_58_47.png

This command shutdown all my CT. I therefore took the opportunity to launch a reboot.

And the problem is solved. Thanks a lot for your help. ;)

This command shutdown all my CT.

That sounds strange, as this two services do not interact with any VM or CT directly and I use it quite often with running CTs :confused:

But still glad it solved your problems, I guess.

Yes may be the problem come from somewhere else... What is important is that everything works now.

Could you just confirm to me last thing. I backup from proxmox my CT and save .log and .tar.gz file on a backup drive. If someday my server crash this file is only what I need to restart my environnement / CT ? Or I need backup other directory like /etc/pve ?

Thank you.

Yes may be the problem come from somewhere else... What is important is that everything works now.

True.

Could you just confirm to me last thing. I backup from proxmox my CT and save .log and .tar.gz file on a backup drive. If someday my server crash this file is only what I need to restart my environnement / CT ? Or I need backup other directory like /etc/pve ?

For restoring the CT the Backup file you get by doing a Backup in Proxmox VE is enough. This Backup saves the whole CT disks and also the configuration file of the CT, so you can restore them on another, or new installed Proxmox VE host.
Which .log file do you mean?

But there are no settings from the Proxmox VE host saved, so if you have a complex setup (for example: complex firewall rules, storage definitons which you do not want to loose, etc...) then you should backup those to (e.g. by saving /etc/pve), but that's not needed if you care for the CTs alone.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!