Configure IP range on PVE 6

jtvdw

Dec 6, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi,

I have question on configuring a public IP range on PVE 6, please see below :

Range : 123.45.67.89/29

I have 3 available IP's to use on the subnet, how will I be able to make use of them within the webgui and assign them to running VM / Containers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

what kind of setup are you trying to accomplish?

As mentioned, I have a public ip range of 1123.45.67.89/29 and have about 3 ip available to make us of, so I want to assign 123.45.67.91 to a vm, 123.45.67.92 to a vm and 123.45.67.93 to a vm?

How will I be able to do that with the link send to configure or setup the network?

well it depends on how you want to do it, but for example you can create a bridge for each IP you have and choose the appropriate bridge when creating a VM/CT (this is probably the simplest method)

otherwise for example you can take a look at this forum thread [0] , where the user has a similar setup idea. it can be done with ifupdown2 and assign multiple ranges on a bridge, but this is not in the GUI yet.

hope this helps

[0]: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-to-add-ip-subnet-27-setup-bridge.35573/

Hi,

So I followed the link but skrewed up the server, ooops!

What should I add and how should I add the available IP, please see below :

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 17.59.41.png

and

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 18.01.18.png

I've also added this lines (in bold) and I think I broke it, had to revert back :

auto eno1
iface eno1 inet static
address 198.51.100.5
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 198.51.100.1
post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eno1/proxy_arp

Please let me know if you need more details from my side.

Thanks.

I've been trying to accomplish the same and failed measurably for the past couple of months.
I managed to have this working for windows vms (go figure) but linux based systems for some reason are not working :/
did u find a solution?

Hi,

Okay, I'm still struggling with the Linux containers, got the bridge setup and working but when the container boot up, the container still not gets a IP. Added it manually but still not working.

What have you done to fix the windows container?

Thanks.

At the host level I have the following:
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp196s0
iface enp196s0 inet static
        address xxx.yyy.zzz.122/26
        gateway xxx.yyy.zzz.65
        post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
        post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/enp196s0/proxy_arp

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address xxy.yyx.zzx.32/27
        bridge_ports none
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge-stp off

Then the on the windows VM network settings I have:
1594707109849.png

Firewall as to be off here and for some reason, if I don't use the Intel E1000 instead of the virtio it doesn't work...

Finally inside the windows it self I have this:

1594707318687.png

I hope this works for you.
Since I've been at this with zero success for months no I've tried to contact 7 different partners from the proxmox website asking for quotes and got 0 answers I'm seriously considering in abandoning this and using SolusVM instead as it is much easier to setup and there's a TON of support around which proxmox seems to lack greatly even if want to pay for it....

Anyway, so far, massive disappointment from my side but good luck and hope u manage ur setup.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!