Configure Dual SFP+ PCI Card with Proxmox - Intel X520-DA2

Jan 23, 2021
Hi all,

I've actually had this card installed since the offset but not had it connected or the setup. I would like to get it set up now and I have connected both fibre links to my switch.

In PVE I have a total of 4 physical interfaces showing which would be correct given that the motherboard has two RJ45 LAN sockets.

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 11.29.17.png

The two ports on the SFP+ card must be enp185s0f0 and enp185s0f1. I have set them to autostart and restarted the server. They are flashing away so seem to be active but they don't seem to be picking up any addresses.

I don't want to mess around too much with the network settings without knowing exactly what I'm doing as I don't want to end up losing access to the web interface.

I'm guessing I need to add or edit a config file somewhere?

What I would like to do is create a bond with them. I would also like to create a bond with the other two ports. One for PVE and another for the VM's. Does that make sense? I think I read on the wiki that when setting up a cluster it's best to have an interface for each. I'm not setting up the cluster right now but I am just thinking ahead and would like to get this done now.

Thanks,

FS

Last edited:
I have install : 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ * 2 to my router, however I am not getting any IP address
is there solution for this

root@proxmox:~# lspci
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
03:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
03:00.2 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
03:00.3 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection (rev 01)
07:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection (rev 01)

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 9.59.52 PM.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!