Configuration -> Mail Proxy -> Whitelist -> Domain (Sender) Not skipping greylisting

eoh7678

Sep 19, 2020
I have a mostly up-to-date Proxmox Mail Gateway installed. For some reason, either I'm not grasping how the whitelist works, or it isn't working for some domains.

For example, I have sony.com, account.sony.com and txn-email.account.sony.com all in the Sender whitelist, but messages are still being greylisted:

1.PNG

Please let me know what other info you need that may help figure this out.

From my understanding, users' whitelist will not bypass greylisting. Try Mail Proxy -> Whitelist.

I'm not grasping how the whitelist works, or it isn't working for some domains.
PMG has 3 places for accepting addresses:
* the mail proxy whitelist (GUI -> Configuration -> Mail Proxy -> Whitelist) - this is used to skip things like SPF checks, rbl lookups in the mailproxy and Greylisting - add the addresses there!
* the Blacklist Who object in the rule system - there you can block certain addresses in the rule system (which comes after greylisting)
* the User White-/Blacklist where individual users can decide that mail for them should be blocked or delivered directly, instead of being put into quarantine

I hope this helps

PMG has 3 places for accepting addresses:
* the mail proxy whitelist (GUI -> Configuration -> Mail Proxy -> Whitelist) - this is used to skip things like SPF checks, rbl lookups in the mailproxy and Greylisting - add the addresses there!
* the Blacklist Who object in the rule system - there you can block certain addresses in the rule system (which comes after greylisting)
* the User White-/Blacklist where individual users can decide that mail for them should be blocked or delivered directly, instead of being put into quarantine

I hope this helps

OK, so that's exactly the way I'm doing it, and yet the greylist still catches domains added in (GUI -> Configuration -> Mail Proxy -> Whitelist)

Here is the setting:

2.PNG

And here is the tracking center:

1.PNG

So what's up?? It's driving me batty!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!