Cluster

SudsMaker

Nov 25, 2023
TN / US
So I have 3 servers that are all slightly different hardware if that matters.
I installed them all with the same installation ISO.
Run updates on each server.
Joined all 3 servers to the cluster.
However, server02 is facing some kind of issue.
It shows as being part of the cluster (local or other server) when I run "pvecm nodes" on another server when they are all online.
If I turn off server02 is does not show when I run "pvecm nodes" from another server.
It also won't let me install ceph.

Should I just remove that server from the cluster and rebuild it from scatch?

So I have 3 servers that are all slightly different hardware if that matters.
I installed them all with the same installation ISO.
Run updates on each server.
Joined all 3 servers to the cluster.
However, server02 is facing some kind of issue.
It shows as being part of the cluster (local or other server) when I run "pvecm nodes" on another server when they are all online.
If I turn off server02 is does not show when I run "pvecm nodes" from another server.
It also won't let me install ceph.

Should I just remove that server from the cluster and rebuild it from scatch?
I am not sure what you meant from the description above, but posting e.g. pvecm status run on each node would have shed more light on what's going on.

Also editing title to something like "3 node cluster, issue when 1 node off" would have attracted more attention, maybe.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!