Cluster

Orkhan

Jan 19, 2022
Hello!

I accidentally created a cluster with the wrong IP. There are currently active and important virtual machines in the cluster. How can I delete or modify a cluster without deleting the virtual machines? Then I'll create it again.

Thank you very much!

hi,

I accidentally created a cluster with the wrong IP. There are currently active and important virtual machines in the cluster. How can I delete or modify a cluster without deleting the virtual machines? Then I'll create it again.
did you make a cluster on a single node? or did you already add the other nodes?

you have these options:
1. separate nodes from the cluster and remake it [0]
2. change the IP address of the nodes in the cluster [1]

beware:
If your node is in a cluster, where it is not recommended to change its name, adapt /etc/pve/corosync.conf so that the nodes name is changed also there. See https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvecm.html#pvecm_edit_corosync_conf

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvecm.html#_remove_a_cluster_node
[1]: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Renaming_a_PVE_node

Thank you very much for your answers.

I have 2 servers. 1 have many active VMs, second is new and it's no VMs. I add cluster in first servers, give name and etc. And I have key for other server. I go to second server, choose Datacenter -> Cluster and push "Join Cluster", add key and get wrong IP information. Now I must delete cluster from first server, in second I don't create cluster.

I delete cluster. And all VMs is good. But when I enter this command:

Bash:
systemctl status corosync

Get this:

Bash:
corosync.service - Corosync Cluster Engine
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/corosync.service; enabled; vendor preset:
   Active: inactive (dead)
Condition: start condition failed at Wed 2022-01-19 19:47:02 +04; 5min ago
           └─ ConditionPathExists=/etc/corosync/corosync.conf was not met
     Docs: man:corosync
           man:corosync.conf
           man:corosync_overview

Jan 19 19:47:02 pve systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Corosync Cluster Eng

It's normal? o_O

Also when I try to join cluster get this message:

Code:
detected the following error(s):
* this host already contains virtual guests
* local node address: cannot use IP 'my-ip-address', not found on local node!

TASK ERROR: Check if node may join a cluster failed!

I think I broke something.

did you check the 2nd link i posted?

local node address: cannot use IP 'my-ip-address', not found on local node!
check your /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname files too

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!