Cluster Without Quorum

ertanerbek

Mar 29, 2019
Hi All,

I just want manage my all node from single screen, but on Proxmox I think ths is not possible without Cluster system. In this moment Cluster system use Quorum because of that if I will close my any node then Quorum not allow me create any guest, or activate any quest..

We can any way for manage two or more node without Quorum from one screen ?

It is not a cluster, so you can simply open multiple browser tabs and manage each server individually.

Thanks for that information, But for migration also easy configuration and management, I was build cluster end of the day, I was found this info in redhat documantation but I can not found file on my Proxmox server, any one know where is cluster.conf ?

Redhat guys just say add this line to your cluster config;

<cman two_node="1" expected_votes="1"/>

""access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/cluster_administration/s1-creating-cluster-cli-ca""

Ok I was found solition for this issue and I will write here, I hope that will help another user...

in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf file add that two fallowing line and change config version from x to x+1 ( for example from 2 to 3 ) on all node and restart services..

#beforeEdit
quorum {
provider: corosync_votequorum
}

#AfterEdit
quorum {
provider: corosync_votequorum
expected_votes: 1
two_node: 1
}
#BeforeEdit
config_version: 2
#AfterEdit
config_version: 3

systemctl restart corosync.service
systemctl restart pve-cluster.service
systemctl restart pvedaemon.service
systemctl restart pveproxy.service

when second node will come back to normal status automatically add to cluster himself

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!