[SOLVED] Cluster with redundant Corosync networks reboots as soon as I join a new node

if you disarm HA, I'd do it on all nodes of the cluster.

Ok, thanks. I'll do it by stopping the daemons just like yesterday (pve-ha-lrm first and pve-ha-crm after) on all nodes.

Once I'm sure corosync stays up, I can re-enable them.

Right?

yes, if corosync is stable you can start them again.

Reactions: godzilla
Hi @fabian ,

I successfully added the new node to the cluster with HA disarmed. Attached the corosync logs from an existing node (proxnode01) and from the new node (proxnode18).

A few minutes have passed and I don't see new retransmit list so it looks OK to me. Can you notice any critical issue? Can I try re-enabling HA?

Thank you

Attachments

• corosync_proxnode01.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 9
  • corosync_proxnode18.txt
    26.8 KB · Views: 4
you can verify with pvecm status and by attempting a write on /etc/pve (e.g., a simple touch /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg should return immediately), but yeah, that logs okay AFAICT.

Hi @fabian , sorry for the late reply. I confirm everything went fine. I'm marking the thread as [SOLVED].

Thank you very much again and again! :)

Reactions: fabian
@fabian just one last question, I promise! :)

I compared the old logs (from 10/19 and 10/20) with the most recent ones, and I'm pretty sure I might now add new nodes without problems, and even without the extra precaution of disabling/reenabling HA.

Can you confirm?

Thank you.

disarming HA doesn't really hurt (joining a node is a quick operation, and you are in front of the machine and monitoring it, so the danger of not having HA for that period is small as opposed to a bug breaking something so fundamental that *all* of the cluster has an outage like you previously experienced). but of course, most cluster joining just works, with or without HA disarmed, so the choice is up to you.

Reactions: godzilla

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!