Cluster setup Node Unauthorized 401

Arpanet69

Aug 7, 2022
Hi All,

Trying to get a basic cluster setup working between 2 nodes... third will be added later. All the servers are connected to 10.250.10.0/24 network. The nodes joined the cluster without any issues. Am able to ping the nodes and the nodes able to ping each other with a constant RTT of below 1ms. Network connection seem to be all good. I am currently running Proxmox 7.2 Bare Metal on Dell R210 and a R220 connected to a physical VyOS router.

After the nodes joined the cluster i can see both nodes in the GUI and am able to install VM on the first node without any issues. When i select the second node in the GUI it starts showing me 401 issues. The setup is super basic so am not sure what would cause this issue.

Am a beginner if it comes to the Proxmox CLI so if any output wil help solving the issue please issue the full cli so I can provide the information asap.

Thanks!
Arpanet

Attachments

• proxmox_unauthorized.png
    proxmox_unauthorized.png
    286.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

can you check what this says:
Code:
pvecm status

Code:
root@AC-DC1-PVE1:~# pvecm status
Cluster information
-------------------
Name:             AC-DC1-PVEC1
Config Version:   2
Transport:        knet
Secure auth:      on

Quorum information
------------------
Date:             Mon Aug  8 09:06:17 2022
Quorum provider:  corosync_votequorum
Nodes:            2
Node ID:          0x00000001
Ring ID:          1.4f
Quorate:          Yes

Votequorum information
----------------------
Expected votes:   2
Highest expected: 2
Total votes:      2
Quorum:           2
Flags:            Quorate

Membership information
----------------------
    Nodeid      Votes Name
0x00000001          1 10.250.10.11 (local)
0x00000002          1 10.250.10.13

Thanks Shrdlicka for checking this out.

FYI there have not been any HA config added so only the cluster configuration have been done.

Last edited:
Yes restarted bot nodes a few times... but i will try again now.

..... Reboot same issue unfortunately

Last edited:
Try

Code:
pvecm updatecerts

if this doesn't help try
Code:
pvecm updatecerts --force

Tried first command on both nodes then rebooted both nodes.. still same issue.
Tried second command on both nodes then rebooted both nodes.. still same issue.

I noticed that it easaliy discovers the nodes when trying to install a VM on PVE3 (the node with the issues)... but as soon as i want to select the storage it comes with the 401 error. Seems like this has something to do with storage access see attachment.

Attachments

• pve_error_storage.png
    pve_error_storage.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 9
Reinstalled all the nodes and now it seemed to work... not sure what caused it but seems there was something wrong with the PVE3 installation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!