Cluster Node Maintenance

Juan C

Feb 16, 2018
kansas
Hi: I'm new with Proxmox and Clustering, so I have to stop a node on my Cluster because I have an HDD on my RAID Failing so I want to replace it, Its ok to stop the Node? I don't have to do any operation before I shut down the node?. I also want to add another HDD outside the RAID that I want to use it for Backups only.

regards and thank you for your work
Juan C

this is what we do:
for shutting down a cluster node for maintenance - if you have vm's that must be working when the node is off then migrate those to other nodes. with share storage that is easy. as you know without share storage that can take time depending on size of vm and network speed.

good luck!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!