Cluster node acting funny

masterdam79

Feb 15, 2014
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

Got a two-node cluster setup from which one of the cluster nodes is acting funny.

Tried to google the problem of course but it seems ingoogleable ;-)

Here is the situation:

Cluster node "proxmox1": 10.0.2.50 - problem case - pve 3.1
Cluster node "proxmox2": 10.0.2.26 - running fine - pve 3.1

On this node the /etc/pve mountpoint is only mounted momentarily for a very brief moment, just enough to start or stop a vz container with "pmxcfs && vzctl start|stop <ID>".

Therefore when I log in to the web-interface using https://10.0.2.26:8006 I can see all VMID's from both cluster nodes, but all info for the VM' s from proxmox1 is not showed, just the VMID's/VZID's.

The VZ's/VM's are running fine when I start them manually using above command combined with "pmxcfs".

I tried the following:

1) Reboot cluster node
2) Reboot both cluster nodes simultaneously
3) restart cman
4) restart pve-cluster
5) restart pvestatd
6) restart pvedaemon
7) restart pve-manager

Logfile:
/var/log/syslog is full of entries like:
Feb 15 19:27:20 proxmox1 pvestatd[2958]: WARNING: ipcc_send_rec failed: Connection refused

Anyone got any ideas?

If more info is needed from any logfile let me know.

I'm inclined to reinstall the full cluster node and restore my backups once I have re-entered the node into the cluster.

Thanks in advance!

Richard

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T met Tapatalk

Hi Udo,

Thanks, I'll look into that in my router (Draytek Vigor 2920n), got only dumb switches in the house.

I did the multicast ping test but all seems well, sending and receiving packages back and forth..

Your /etc/hosts file on both nodes has declaration of both nodes?

10.0.2.50 proxmox1 proxmox1.foo.bar
10.0.2.26 proxmox2 proxmox2.foo.bar

Hai Mir,

It has been working fine for a couple of months and suddenly overnight it wasn't anymore.

If my hosts files weren't correct, which I assume they were, I had also configured them in DNS and RDNS.

The only two things I can think of that might have had something to do with it suddenly not working anymore are:

1 - Backup locations change from NFS to local (/var/lib/vz/dump)
2 - Nagios NRPE configuration

Other than that, nothing changed in my setup.

Thanks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!