Check Network config file pls

FelHey

Oct 24, 2021
Hello, community, as I'm a relatively new user of Proxmox and Debian I publish a network config file that pleases can somebody tell me if it will work or how do I have to modify it. Thank you for your help.

The host has 4 RJ45 1Gbps interfaces and 2 SFP+ 10Gbps interfaces.
The idea is to connect the 4 1Gbps to 1 switch and Aggregate it, and both SFP+ would connect each to a different switch.
All the infrastructures are VLAN aware and VLANs are already defined. That host will be the first of three nodes for a production cluster to replace an existing VMWare solution.
Storage will be done using the disk of each server and 1 NAS configured as ZFS over ISCSI for VM disk.
I would like to integrate that server on the trunk VLAN and use all the bandwidth possible of the existing interface of the host.

All tips and constructive comments are welcomed. Thank you, guys.

Attachments

• interface_a_probar.txt
    951 bytes · Views: 8
Not sure if it will work assinging IPs to enp5s0f0 and enp5s0f1. Generally you don't want your host to have multiple IPs in the same subnet.

Not sure if it will work assinging IPs to enp5s0f0 and enp5s0f1. Generally you don't want your host to have multiple IPs in the same subnet.

I have assigned IPs to enp5s0f0 and enp5s0f1 interfaces because I have seen a lot of config from other people with SFP+ 10Gbps interfaces in PCI extension slot and they all assign IP to their interfaces. So I assumed that it was the correct way.

Do you think that the file could work if I quit the IPs for enp5s0f0 and enp5s0f1?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!