Changing Ceph configuration

Apr 29, 2022
Hello,

i want to change the ceph config and use the bridge instead of the vlans I have created. But when I change the ceph.conf file with the IP network from bridge, my ceph doesn't work anymore. Any suggestions how I can do that?
My main issue is that I am not getting enough read/write on the VMs I have created so I though I should use bridge instead of the VLANs for better results or you guys have any other suggestion for me?
I am using 100GBit mellanox network card attached to arista switches as LACP/Bond

Attachments

• Ceph-conf.png
    Ceph-conf.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Network.png
    Network.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
You cannot just change the addresses contained in the ceph.conf files as these are just pointers to where the MONs are running.
The MONs use the initial address they are configured with and cannot be changed. You can only remove a MON and add a new one with a new address, one after the other.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!