Changes in multipath fibre channel config. Prox 4 -> 5

deangreen4

Jan 24, 2011
Hi,
we have several clusters and use a HPE 3PAR SAN.
On versions below 5 the paths are setup without issue when I run rescan-scsi-bus etc but on version 5 this doesnt work and the 3PAR virtual volumes can be seen but wont be mounted via mapper.

Two questions,
1 - Did anything change in the way these multipath disks are configured in the change from prox 4 to 5
2 - Is there a way for me to get the running config of multipathd on a prox 4 server and translate this to multipathd.conf on the prox 5 server?

Thanks

Reactions: aasami
Hi,
i made a multipath config file in the end and that seems to work nicely. I couldnt get it to pick it up automagically like the previous versions.
If you are using a 3PAR, Il happily share the conf file

defaults {

polling_interval 2

path_selector "round-robin 0"

path_grouping_policy multibus

uid_attribute ID_SERIAL

rr_min_io 100

failback immediate

no_path_retry queue

user_friendly_names yes

}

devices {

device {

vendor "3PARdata"

product "VV"

path_grouping_policy "multibus"

path_checker "directio"

features "0"

hardware_handler "0"

prio "const"

rr_weight "uniform"

}

}

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!