Cert from other Host (NGINX Proxy Manager)

nicedevil

Aug 5, 2021
Hey guys,

I was able to setup PMG yesterday and my mailcow behind it. Right now I run into the following issue that I get a reject on a receiving server ehlo/helo domain.
F.e. my PMG got the hostname mailgateway.internal.local right now.

My 1st: Is it just enough to change the hostname in /etc/hosts to the one that my IP is registered to specific DNS adress or is that a setting from anywhere else?

My 2nd: I have only 1 static IP on my site. Behind that is a NGINX ProxyManager that handles all certificates for my services. The PMG isn't the same host ofc... how can I solve the issue to get the certificate from lets encrypt to this host? My domain is hosted by netcup, maybe that is a needed information for a solution?

Thank you very much in advance.

Ok solved the ehlo/helo part with the hostname in changes in the webui

Now just the part with the NPM is mssing :)

EDIT: Or better question, what are the commands to import the cert from my nginxproxymanager via shell?

Last edited:
Ok found the solution that worked for me :)
In case anyone else is looking for it:

Python:
#!/bin/bash
scp root@IPNGINXPROXYMANAGER:/etc/letsencrypt/live/npm-ID/fullchain.pem /etc/pmg/pmg-tls-chain.tmp
scp root@IPNGINXPROXYMANAGER:/etc/letsencrypt/live/npm-ID/privkey.pem /etc/pmg/pmg-tls-key.tmp
cat /etc/pmg/pmg-tls-key.tmp > /etc/pmg/pmg-tls.pem
cat /etc/pmg/pmg-tls-chain.tmp >> /etc/pmg/pmg-tls.pem
rm -rf /etc/pmg/pmg-tls-key.tmp
rm -rf /etc/pmg/pmg-tls-chain.tmp
systemctl restart pmgproxy

Change IP for the NginxProxyManager and the ID after "npm-" to the one of your environment.
Then just make a cronjob on the PMG :)

Ofc you have to copy RSA keys to get passwordless logins done

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!