Ceph down if one node is down

I have 3 proxmox instances, 2 on Hetzner and one at home.
Every cluster has 3 nodes, every node 1 osd.
When my OSD size is 3 and min_size is 2 then the ceph pool freezes when one node is down.
Good luck, till it crashes it's fine. There are most likely intermittent network problems that don't allow Ceph to work properly. Anyhow, if you don't have a physical private network, I can't recommend it for Ceph. IMO, a better alternative is ZFS with storage replication.

Good luck, till it crashes it's fine. There are most likely intermittent network problems that don't allow Ceph to work properly. Anyhow, if you don't have a physical private network, I can't recommend it for Ceph. IMO, a better alternative is ZFS with storage replication.
What luck? What's wrong with 3 node setup?
Network problem's on 3 different setups?
I have a dedicated 10gbps switch in one off the Hetzner setups and the same problem occurs.

What luck? What's wrong with 3 node setup?
Nothing wrong with a three node setup.

Network problem's on 3 different setups?
Your statement didn't sound like all of them are at peril.

I have a dedicated 10gbps switch in one off the Hetzner setups and the same problem occurs.
Dedicated for your cluster alone? Or shared with other customers.

In any case, IO is halted when min_size is not met. With one node failing the min_size is still good and IO will continue. The crushmap provided would not hinder the data placement. So I believe that you have network issue and be it just the configuration.

Thank you Alwin for answering;)
The 10gbs is only for my setup.
I reduce the min_size to 1 and now disconnecting one node is wokring as expected.
A 3/1 configuration is working on all 3 clusters with one node down.
My question is - why a 3/2 configuration is blocking IO?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!