Can't use second node's GUI: SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL

Maeve

Aug 2, 2022
Louisville, Kentucky
Hey all,

I'm doing some work for my boss. I'm an intern working with Proxmox and related systems, primarily. We've got a client with a two node cluster. One of the nodes' web GUI is busted. When accessed through the browser, it yields:

Code:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to XXX.XX.X.XX:8006. You are attempting to import a cert with the same issuer/serial as an existing cert, but that is not the same cert.

It completely blocks me from getting past it. It's my understanding that if i delete the cert from Firefox it'll work but then the first node's GUI will stop working. We intend to rebuild the first node soon, so if this remains the case, it'll be quite frustrating to reintroduce the first node into the cluster as the new second node.

I found this potential fix that seems like it'd work, but the only problem is that it's from 11 years ago and I can't tell if this is still accurate if not potentially dangerous now. Might be a dumb question but I don't want to cause a difficult to solve production issue, yknow?

I know that the worst case scenario is it remains busted and I can SSH in but I just wanted opinions from people who might know more. Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!