Can't connect to internet

raulj

Mar 13, 2024
Hello, I managed to install proxmos on my server but it seems like I can't connect to the internet, any update command fails, I've done some troubleshooting but everything seems to be fine, below you can see multiple commands I've tried.

curl https://google.com
ip a
cat /etc/network/interfaces
ping google.com
cat /etc/resolv.conf
ping 192.168.1.1

I am able to connect from a laptop to the UI interface, laptop can connect to the internet with no problem. Proxmox it seems that it can't connect to the internet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-17 161824.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 161824.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 12
Yes, I can ping the gateway (192,168.1.1), it is in the picture.
With further investigation, it seems like the issue is also on my laptop when connected via cable. No matter what I do, there is no internet when connected with a cable. Tried to change with a different cable, changed port, nothing seems to work. Would it be possible that my router has some weird settings?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!