[SOLVED] Can't access web GUI on proliant

zigjack

Sep 3, 2017
Hi all!

I am brand new in the world of Proxmox, I have just installed Proxmox on my brand new (as well! :) ) HP Proliant Gen8 (on a SSD connected inside the server).
I went through the installation pretty well, but now that proxmox is starting and showing me the IP address for connecting to the web GUI, I can't connect to this web GUI...
It is not related to the browser (tried with Chrome and Firefox), it is not related to the computer (tried with a laptop Win10 and a gaming Win7), not related to the computer firewall (disabled it)
It is trying to connect, it takes time and at the end, I have a timeout error.
Of course I have put :8006 port at the end of the address but it is like this IP address is not enabled.
Did I miss one step of configuration on the console? I can connect to the console (through the ILO) with the root/password created during the install, I read some forums/tutos on the web but I havent find anything on it... I have understood that no additionnal configuration was needed, so I don't know where the issue is coming from...

Any help or clue would be welcome, thanks in advance! :D

On the console when I type (after the "root@pve: #") the command, I have:
"-bash: netstat: command not found"
And there is no VM yet as I am still just after the end of installation process, trying to connect to this web GUI to configure the server

With that, I get the capture attached herewith... :S

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 80
I assume you have done an:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install net-tools

Before you tried to install net-tools?

I ve tried, but it is not connecting as well...
Just had a look in etc/network/interfaces and just discovered that I have a slight difference with what they are recommending here https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Model
I have "eno1" instead of "eth0"...
Do you think this is normal? Should I try to replace with the eth0?

No, if your adapter is eno then that what it should be, post you network config, that's your problem, you have no network connectivity :)

no need for netstat btw, we now have 'ss' ;)

On my configuration file I have:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.100.2
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.100.1
bridge_ports eno1
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

iface eno2 inet manual

And I'll post the outcome of ip a s in a few hours, when I ll be home :)

And here is the capture for ip a s.
Is it talking to you?

Attachments

• ip a s capture.PNG
    ip a s capture.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 54
Guys, I have re installed the whole system from scratch and now this is working like a charm...
I think that the mistake I made was that I didn't plug the lan cable (only the ILO cable) during my first install and it somehow corrupt something...
Anyway, thank you all for the time dedicated, that was much appreciated! :)

Hi ,
I have the same error even after reinstallation, what do you have in network setting in ilo
(Nic setting ?)

Attachments

• 1534959686154.jpg
    1534959686154.jpg
    943.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 1534960755263.jpg
    1534960755263.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 55
The pictures you posted indicate that no link is detected on eno4 (and thus on vmbr0) - in the simplest case this means that the network cable is plugged into the wrong nic
you can try to see which nic has a link by running 'ip link set eno1 up' (and similar for the other nics) - the ouput of 'ip link' should show LOWER_UP for the nic where a link is detected

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!