Cannot upload ISO > 2GB

stinnux

Dec 14, 2016
When i try to upload a ISO Image via the Web Interface the upload aborts at around 2GB. This happens with either Firefox or Chrome (Mac OS). Is that a known issue? Is their a server config i can change to allow that?

Uploading via scp is working btw.

Yes, same problem here. Upload starts, and around 2GB it breaks or the upload starts at the beginning again and again. No journallog, no tasklog. Maybe since the last 4.4 Update. I do not load an ISO every day, but some time ago this worked quite normally.

pve-manager/4.4-2/80259e05 (running kernel: 4.4.35-1-pve)

Hi,

how much space is free on the disk?

Code:
 df -h /var/tmp/

df -h /var/tmp/
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rpool/ROOT/pve-1 24G 1.8G 22G 8% /

I have seen this issue with previous versions of Proxmox, but 4.4 works fine for me. I uploaded a 5.6 GB ISO to multiple nodes with no problems. The local filesystem was ZFS, though.

I can't reproduce it here on Linux with Opera, Firefox, Chromium or Chrome (Latest versions).

Can you send me your Browser(VersionsNo) and OS where this occurs!

Kubuntu 16.04, Google-Chrome 55.0.2883.87 (64-bit)

I've tested it with firefox and the upload was working well. With firefox the uploadspeed was only about 35MB/s and with Chrome 115MB/s. Strange. Chrome's upload breaks on about 2GB every time. I've tested it also with chrome on guestmode and the upload breaks about 1500MB with same Errormessage: "Error 0 occurred while receiving the document"

I have the exact same issue. Chrome stops at 2 Gb and Firefox is restarting the upload. It shouldn't be necessary to use WinSCP.

i have the same issue but I feel like for me its because of my small tmp directory. currently running proxmox on a 16gb usb until I can get the funds for a zfs raid 1 SSD to keep all my VM and ISOs in one place.

winSCP route works perfectly! thanks RHCPNG for that!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!