Cannot find network interfaces enp2s0 and enp3s0

gauranga

Aug 21, 2023
I set a dns name with duck dns to my ip address and it worked fine a while them I could not got to the web ui anymore. I could not ssh to the server either. I accessed directly the server and I discover that my two network interfaces where missing and vmbr is still there but gave an error as there is no master providing the connection to it.

systemctl status network: Unit network.service could not be found

ip a: show lo vmbr and wlx76012d837500 but not the interfaces enp2s0 and enp3s0

cat /etc/network/interfaces: shows the 2 interfaces and enp3s0 master of vmbr0

what to here, can someone please help???

Hey,

can you check if the interface names shown in ip a match the ones in /etc/network/interfaces?

Hello @Hannes Laimer thanks for the reply. ip a does not shows the interfaces, it just shows my usb wifi NIC, lo and vmbr0 and on /etc/network/interfaces it shows all those and also enp2s0 and enp3s0, I have looked everywhere but it seems that the best solution is to start in proxmox in recovery mode and grab the modules needed from there but I am not to advanced to do that I tried but didn't know how to do it? Any suggestions?

Is there a chance you recently did an update? Could you check dmesg | grep -i <interface_name>, this should show any kernel messages related to the network interface. udevadm trigger should automatically detect and load the right modules, also try rebooting your systems, after a kernel upgrade(assuming you did one) a reboot is necessary.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!