Cannot create a virtual network with NAT for VMs

mvntoo

Nov 5, 2022
Hi everyone!
For some reasons, I need to create a virtual network for my VMs to separate them from the rest of the real private network in which I set up my server.
I need the entire thing to look like this:Screenshot_20221105_052855.png
I enabled DMZ for the Proxmox server so now it's an exposed host. I need the VMs to be connected to the Internet, too.
Please note that the server has only one physical interface that I use to connect to the private network.

Theoretically speaking, I should know what to do. But Practically I tried to follow the guide I found on the wiki (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Configuration @ "Masquerading NAT with iptables" with no results at all. The server was connected and VMs could ping the gateway (a Linux Bridge), but they couldn't connect to the Internet. And no, the firewall wasn't turned on.

Hope someone can help me, thank you very much!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!