cannot connect from one lxc container to another

lethargos

Jun 10, 2017
Hi,
I've got this really weird network problem when connecting between two containers. I've got a private lan using linux bridge, so they're on the same hypervisor. First container is 10.10.10.207, the other 10.10.10.211.

When I try to ssh from .207 to .211, I get connection timeout and the tcpdump running on the hypervisor simply shows one-way packets and no reply. If I try to connect from .211 to .207 it works perfectly. The only thing that works is ping. I've also tried connecting to several open ports on 211, but they don't work, including http.

The weird thing is that when I try to connect through ssh to .211 from my local computer - which is in a separate location - it does work!

The two containers also have public IPs and they could normally communicate directly through either public or private IPs. Any ideas what's going on?

Hi,
I've got this really weird network problem when connecting between two containers. I've got a private lan using linux bridge, so they're on the same hypervisor. First container is 10.10.10.207, the other 10.10.10.211.

When I try to ssh from .207 to .211, I get connection timeout and the tcpdump running on the hypervisor simply shows one-way packets and no reply. If I try to connect from .211 to .207 it works perfectly. The only thing that works is ping. I've also tried connecting to several open ports on 211, but they don't work, including http.

The weird thing is that when I try to connect through ssh to .211 from my local computer - which is in a separate location - it does work!

The two containers also have public IPs and they could normally communicate directly through either public or private IPs. Any ideas what's going on?

More configuration details need for checking this issue, easiest way: post a pvereport about your system.

After all this time I think it was simply related to the proxmox repositories. I only had the debian repositories (the same problem that I wrote about on another thread). Now it seems to be working fine. It would have been interesting to troubleshoot and see how it behaved, but nonetheless, it works ok after a normal update.

Thanks for the response, anywa

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!