[SOLVED] Cannot choose NFS volume as location for LXC container

I have my Synology NAS connected to my proxmox server, as an NFS share. Works fine as storage location for virtual machines and their backups. However, I cannot choose this location as the storage-location for LXC containers. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong here? When I click on the storage location itself, them I see "CT volumes", which makes me believe that it should be possible, right?

Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 12.40.49.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 12.52.33.png

hi,

you're choosing the template at this stage (not the volume/root disk).

you can active "Container template" in the storage settings in the "Content" dropdown box.

Datacenter -> Storage -> Your NAS -> Edit -> Content

or you can just select the template from the "local" storage and choose the "Root Disk" later from your NAS.

hi,

you're choosing the template at this stage (not the volume/root disk).

you can active "Container template" in the storage settings in the "Content" dropdown box.

Datacenter -> Storage -> Your NAS -> Edit -> Content

or you can just select the template from the "local" storage and choose the "Root Disk" later from your NAS.
Thanks! That indeed solved my problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!