Cannot add disk to Ceph OSD in cluster

damjank

Apr 2, 2020
Hello,

I have a 3 node cluster, crated OK. I want to create Ceph storage cluster for important VMs.
Furthermore, I have added to each host iSCSI drive, and created LVM on top of it. But seems that Ceph does not like that drive to be added as OSD.

Is this limitation of Ceph config in PX or Ceph limitation in general or am I doing something wrong?
My central storage allows only iSCSI drives and I have quad 10GB link to and from and between nodes - so I want to utilise it. So is there any official or even "unofficial" way to add those "remote" drives to be used as OSD drives in my Ceph cluster?

Thank you!
rgD

Some screenshots of what I mean, for help. If anyone has anything, please...
Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 20.33.08.png
Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 20.33.23.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!