Cannot access VM's from sperate network

Random-5

Jan 7, 2021
I have 2 separate interfaces being used on a pfSense box 192.168.1.1 and 172.16.16.1. The Proxmox server resides on the 172.16.16.1 network. When I try and access any hosted web UI such as Pi-Hole from the 192.168.1.1 network it will be very slow, sometimes half loading things sometimes not loading anything. What is going on and how do I fix this? (Previously I ran XPC-NG and it worked fine with the exact same setup no bridging or anything needed in pfSense). I can ping both machines from the router and each machine can ping each other. When I use traceroute I can trace it just win in Windows but on the server side it tries going out to WAN. I can access the Proxmox web UI just fine. I have disabled all firewalls and created a bridge / firewall rules in pfSense, but to no avail. An troubleshooting tips and or suggestions would be of great help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!