can you recover a VM without backup?

frenk970

Jan 20, 2020
Good morning, I tried to update ProxMox, but the system got corrupt, now I have a VM that I had not yet backed up, I wanted to know if I could somehow recover it?
In the /dev/pve folder I found all the files, but there are 2 for VM, how do I do it?

Schermata 2020-05-15 alle 17.35.58.png
Those in the photos are the VM files that I found, I have to recover VM 102

I converted the vm to qcow2 now how do I import them?

The data is still there? If so, create a new VM with the same configuration (or as near as you can remember the settings) and just convert the qcow2 image back (similar command, but source and destination switched).

The data is still there? If so, create a new VM with the same configuration (or as near as you can remember the settings) and just convert the qcow2 image back (similar command, but source and destination switched).

in fact I have related to qcow2 and imported everything

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!