Boot hangs at 'EFI Stub: Loaded initrd from command line option' when booting 5.15.83-1-pve

dcoulson

Dec 19, 2021
I have been running 5.15.74-1-pve just fine, and am able to boot this kernel release without any problems. 5.15.83-1-pve will hang and require a power cycle to get back into the boot prompt to select another kernel.

I have already tried 'update-initramfs -k all -u' and 'pve-efiboot-tool refresh' without any change.

My systems are running a raid1 ZFS root volume, but not sure that makes any difference?

I have also tried 6.1.2 and 6.1.6, which also have the same problem - I can however consistently boot 5.15.74 without any issues.

I have been running 5.15.74-1-pve just fine, and am able to boot this kernel release without any problems. 5.15.83-1-pve will hang and require a power cycle to get back into the boot prompt to select another kernel.

I have already tried 'update-initramfs -k all -u' and 'pve-efiboot-tool refresh' without any change.

My systems are running a raid1 ZFS root volume, but not sure that makes any difference?

I have also tried 6.1.2 and 6.1.6, which also have the same problem - I can however consistently boot 5.15.74 without any issues.
Similar issue here. 5.13 kernel boots on a new PC, current 5.15 or above do not. Any ideas?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!