[SOLVED] Boot freeze on bios screen on Proxmox 7.1 VE

dept

Mar 7, 2022
Odessa
dept.com.ua
I need help. I have updated my Proxmox VE from 6.2 to 7.1 Have two nodes in cluster. First node was updated, second one still 6 version. On 6 version all good, but on my first node that was updated my VMs not starting. Bellow screenshots:
1646674527744.png
1646674545776.png

I try to start it with GUI and with command line with qm start 108. The result is same. When I try to change BIOS in Hardware to UEFI and add the EFI Drive the system is freeze on this screen:
1646674572366.png
1646674591433.png

The system is up to date:
1646674611653.png
1646674627036.png

My Proxmox conf:
1646674642179.png

I also try 'apt reinstall pve-manager' but the result the same.

The first thing that catches me on your last screenshot:
The pve-5.13 kernel, which is the current one for the PVE 7.1 release is not installed and therefore you are still running the old pve-5.4 kernel.

Don't know how this could happen and if it even is the culprit of your problem.

With my little knowledge, I do not want to suggest you anything (e.g. install pve-5.13 manually) what may brick your system completely.

Sorry that my post is not more helpful. :confused:
But maybe it is a hint in the right direction?

Reactions: dept
The first thing that catches me on your last screenshot:
The pve-5.13 kernel, which is the current one for the PVE 7.1 release is not installed and therefore you are still running the old pve-5.4 kernel.

Don't know how this could happen and if it even is the culprit of your problem.

With my little knowledge, I do not want to suggest you anything (e.g. install pve-5.13 manually) what may brick your system completely.

Sorry that my post is not more helpful. :confused:
But maybe it is a hint in the right direction?
Yes, I checked that. The problem was with pve kernel. I updated it manually and rebooted the server. All of my VM already started and reachable.
Thank a lot!

Reactions: Neobin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!