Best way to monitor MegaRAID controller

elipso

May 7, 2023
Homelab
Hi there.

I have a raid controller LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i 6G in Raid 6 (Installed 4x SATA HDD).

What do you recommend for monitoring this raid card.
Thanks for help.

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 28
afair there is a LSI cli tool to query status and configure the controller. Either you just run a simple cronjob kind of if-then-alert or you integrate it in an existing monitoring solution like nagios, zabbix and so on

Thanks I found megacli

There is actually quite a lot of thinks inside megacli. :)

For me is important only see if is raid operational or degraded

By the way proxmox see raid card model and S.M.A.R.T OK.

But I think when 1 disk fails, so it won't show.

Attachments

• disk.png
    disk.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 28
By the way proxmox see raid card model and S.M.A.R.T OK.

But I think when 1 disk fails, so it won't show.
I think so too. In other virtualization environments, you install some glue that connects the low level megacli/hpssacli/amcli/$yourTool to the GUI of the management interface. This is not available for PVE.

I think so too. In other virtualization environments, you install some glue that connects the low level megacli/hpssacli/amcli/$yourTool to the GUI of the management interface. This is not available for PVE.

At least server beeps when disk fails :) it's enough for my homelab

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!