Bad network performance, how to configure thenetwork correct

JD93

Jan 4, 2022
Hello my name is Jose, i am new using Proxmox.
I have installed proxmox on a server and created 9 VM, however have problems running the network correctly, i have tried several settings that have found on Google but does not working correctly.

The idea is to assign an public IP to each virtual machine, considering that each virtual machine makes intensive use of UPNP.

I have 1 public IP for Proxmox (XX.60.34.12), and 9 additional IP, one for each VM (XX.60.34.115 to XX.60.34.123)
I have read some user commenting that it does not see a good idea to place an public IP on a VM, is better to place a private IP and redirect the traffic to a public IP but haven't idea how to configure this.

Could you help me to get an optimal configuration?
Thanks in advance.

You need a router or a firewall to do that - can also run as a VM.
Opensource firefwall -> pfsense or opnsense which can also "forward" the VM IP addresses to your VMs

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!