Backups configuration changes doesn't take effect

Conacious

Sep 17, 2019
Hi every1,
Last week, we changed our backups storage box from one named storagebox-vzdump to an other named storagebox-backups.
We have a backup that's being made every day at 2.00 am and it's failing because can't find old storage box.
I added a picture with the backup configuration.

storageboxProxmox.png

The backup configuration:

backupConf.png

How ever we getting the next error, that was our previous storage box.
backuperror.png

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• storageboxProxmox.png
    storageboxProxmox.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 2
  • backupConf.png
    backupConf.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
could you please post the output of cat /etc/pve/vzdump.cron as well as cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg?

Bash:
cat /etc/pve/vzdump.cron

# cluster wide vzdump cron schedule

# Automatically generated file - do not edit

PATH="/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"

0 2 * * * root vzdump --quiet 1 --compress lzo --mailnotification failure --storage storagebox-backups --mailto mail@mail.com --exclude 202,205,214,223,227,228,229,201
--all 1 --mode snapshot
0 15 * * 6 root vzdump 202 205 214 223 227 228 229 201 --quiet 1 --storage storagebox-vzdump --compress lzo --mailnotification failure --mode snapshot --mailto mail@mail.com
ia.com

Bash:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg

dir: local
        disable
path /var/lib/vz
content iso
maxfiles 0
shared 0

lvmthin: thin
thinpool thin
vgname vg0
content images,rootdir

cifs: storagebox-backups
path /mnt/pve/storagebox-backups
server server.com
share user
content backup
maxfiles 1
nodes i13,i5,i10,i11,i7,i12,i6
username user

Okay,
so you have a second backup job which references the old storage storagebox-vzdump, which you can see in the last line in /etc/pve/vzdump.cron. Update this job to the new storage (best via the WebUI).

Okey I can see now my error. the name storage-backups was correct but we changed it later... Okey thank you very much problem solved

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!