backup Storage Access Log | /etc/pve/storage.cfg Option

appeal7712

Jun 8, 2023
Hello, I'm a proxmox user in Korea.
I have configured a backup server as shown in the image below. If you look at the log of the backup server,

1706146549321.png

Access logs continue to appear as shown in the image below. Is there a way to reduce or eliminate these access logs?

I don't normally use it, but I connected it once a month for regular backup purposes, but it's inconvenient because the backup server's logs are recorded every second.

1706146724771.png

Hi,

Access logs continue to appear as shown in the image below. Is there a way to reduce or eliminate these access logs?
This is working as intended. Proxmox VE needs to regularly query the storage to check whether it's online, how much free/used space is available etc. That's just how monitoring works.

Is it possible to turn off/filter the access log based on the source IP address, such that you can simply exclude the Proxmox VE server?

Hi,

This is working as intended. Proxmox VE needs to regularly query the storage to check whether it's online, how much free/used space is available etc. That's just how monitoring works.

Is it possible to turn off/filter the access log based on the source IP address, such that you can simply exclude the Proxmox VE server?

It's impossible to turn off filters or access logs, but that's what I was curious about. If there's no way, it's okay. Thank you for your answer.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!