backup files path

Nass

Oct 25, 2022
Hello,
I can't find the path to the backup files on my computer when accessing it via SSH.
i want to copy those files so i want find the path.
Best regards,

Not enough information...
VZDump or PBS?
What storage are you using?
Output of cat /etc/proxmox-backup/datastore.cfg and cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg would help.

Not enough information...
VZDump or PBS?
What storage are you using?
Output of cat /etc/proxmox-backup/datastore.cfg and cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg would help.
PBS

/etc/proxmox-backup/datastore.cfg
datastore: backup-MTL
path /mnt/datastore/backup-MTL

and i want to know which file are requiered to restore a backup from pbs ?

Thank you

You need the whole running PBS to be able to restore any backups. There are no individual backup archives like when using VZDump that could be restored by PVE without a PBS.
And PBS needs the whole datastore folder, so your "/mnt/datastore/backup-MTL", with all files and folders in it (also the hidden ones like "/mnt/datastore/backup-MTL/.chunks") to restore any single backup snapshot. That is one of the reasons, next to stuff like ransomware protection, why you shouldn't run PBS on the same server you guests are runnung that you want to backup to your PBS. If you lose oyur PBS + datastore, you won't be able to restore any backups. If you lose the PBS but not its datastore, you could install and set up a new PBS but only after that you will be able to do any restores.

Last edited:
Reactions: _gabriel

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!