Azure optimization on proxmox

ayozeve

Oct 16, 2020
Hi, I'm not sure this topic goes in this place but I'm sure it can be useful for sure.

Some time ago I installed a virtual machine with azure with windows server 2019. Everything perfect, in fact I made a copy of that machine and imported it into my proxmox that I have for testing. I was testing it and I was surprised with the performance and the optimization that it had applied. Could I get a similar result to install it on my machine?

I know that there is some utility like "VMware OS Optimization Tool" although I don't know if it is usually used.
Do you usually optimize windows installations in some way or do you usually change nothing?

We have a wiki article, that describes best practices and additional configuration and optimizations specifically for windows guests. [1]

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Windows_10_guest_best_practices
Thanks, I knew it and i learn at the beginning with this... I t was great. However, what I mean is some improvement not in the hypervisor configuration but in the machine itself, in this case with windows at the system level.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!