API Question.

stovesy

Jul 30, 2020
I am running pve-manager/6.2-10 and have a VM running an old Natware 3.12 server system. The contents of the VM do not respond to shutdown commands. The only way to stop the VM is to enter the console and manually 'down' the server, exit to DOS then issue a 'stop'.

I have written a hookscript snippet which reacts to a pre-stop command by (trying) to use the API and 'sendkey' send the correct key sequence to down the server, wait a while then send the stop.

I am getting 'can't lock', 'got timeout' when using sendkey ... --skiplock=1 from the script snippet and also from a local shell as root.

I realise this is a complex scenario.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Hi,

this does not work this way because you can't run only one task per guest at a time.
You have to use kill in this case to stop the VM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!