any way to throttle spam reports? and "force" empty proxspamreport?

chipc

Sep 20, 2007
We'd like to slow down the spam reports that get generated each midnight; the large number of them is causing load alarms on our internal mail router. Some method of limiting them to so-many-per-minute would be good.

Also, having just discovered the proxspamreport command, is there a way to force it to send an empty report to a user with nothing in their quarantine? The point would be to generate a clickable ticket to allow them to pro-actively manage their whitelist. Our helpdesk gets calls along the lines of "I know I'm going to get an important message from a certain e-mail address and I want to make sure it gets whitelisted" and currently we need to have an admin put it in their whitelist for them, it'd be nice to let them do this themselves.

Thanks,

Chip

We'd like to slow down the spam reports that get generated each midnight; the large number of them is causing load alarms on our internal mail router. Some method of limiting them to so-many-per-minute would be good.

we will implement rate controls here in future version.

Also, having just discovered the proxspamreport command, is there a way to force it to send an empty report to a user with nothing in their quarantine? The point would be to generate a clickable ticket to allow them to pro-actively manage their whitelist. Our helpdesk gets calls along the lines of "I know I'm going to get an important message from a certain e-mail address and I want to make sure it gets whitelisted" and currently we need to have an admin put it in their whitelist for them, it'd be nice to let them do this themselves.

If you have LDAP (MS ADS) the users can also login via their windows account. If not, the users can use their old spamreports to login (the ticket-links in the old reports are x-days valid, specified in "quarantine lifetime").

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!