After login, installation on Virtualbox stops and wait the command.

L

longboot

I installed Proxmox on Virtualbox during the boot grub sequence, after a proper login, nothing happens, the command "root@user: ~ #" wait.
(I am a beginner in linux).

Config:

General: Linux/Debiant64
Networking: Access by bridge / advanced: all authorized

I would like to know if it is the IP configuration starting installation that block the installation process.

Thanks.

I installed Proxmox on Virtualbox during the boot grub sequence, after a proper login, nothing happens, the command "root@user: ~ #" wait.
(I am a beginner in linux).

Config:

General: Linux/Debiant64
Networking: Access by bridge / advanced: all authorized

I would like to know if it is the IP configuration starting installation that block the installation process.

Thanks.
Hi,
what do you mean with "nothing happens"?
Can you enter commands? Like
Code:
df -k
ls
pveversion -v
And before login you get an message, that you can connect with an browser - does that work?

BTW. pve is not made to run in an VM - it's for an baremetall installation.

Udo

Proxmox uses KVM to virtualize. This uses CPU (hardware) functionality: the VT extensions. I wonder if those can be accessed on an already virtualized CPU. In other words: perhaps you can't have
hardware:VM (PVE in virtualbox, which uses VT):guest VM.
Perhaps proxmox halts because it has no VT support.

Proxmox uses KVM to virtualize. This uses CPU (hardware) functionality: the VT extensions. I wonder if those can be accessed on an already virtualized CPU. In other words: perhaps you can't have
hardware:VM (PVE in virtualbox, which uses VT):guest VM.
Perhaps proxmox halts because it has no VT support.
Hi,
PVE works also without hardware virtualization - but not for kvm-VMs - openvz (container) only.

Udo

Hi,

Yes before login I'v got a message as : You can connect your browser to configure this server - connect to: https://10.0.0.15:8006/, but i think this must be
changed to : https://10.0.2.15:8006/, the machine show me that the server does not exist after this command:

nslookup
ipconfig

The result is : ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

I ran the command df -k filesystem shows me :

Capturevm01.JPG

I meen nothing happens : the system is waiting for the command to go to the graphic page. How can i connect to my web browser ?
If pve is not running in an VM, I will try to the normal hardware installation.

Fred.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!