Advice needed : Very large machine

notarobot

Apr 15, 2019
Hello,
I'm seeking advice on my personnal cloud machine. It's a VMS hosting 10 Docker containers, problem is: it's around 300GB of data !
My Proxmox has only 1TB of local storage space and I think I have 200GB left on my Proxmox Backup Server.
Can someone help me figure out how I can efficiently backup this machine or maybe adapt its design so it's less space consuming ?
Maybe I got it wrong and there is other ways to do than having such a huge machine ?
Thanks for your help

Proxmox Backup Server can do data deduplication, compression and incremental backups. But I cannot say how close to 200GB this brings your 300GB.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!