Adding Proxmox 5 installation via PXE

Proxticle

Sep 4, 2017
Hey, I've been looking for a guide and found few that didn't work.
I have a TFTP server running ubuntu 12.04. all the boot able ISO's are in /var/lib/tftpboot/
i have tried to extract LINUX26 and INITRD.IMG and configuring the defaults in /var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/defaults .
Can anyone explain what needs to be the right syntax in the defaults file for Proxmox 5?
And if there's a right way to extract the files from the iso, that would be helpfull too.
Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
Well I did do what the thread says, and i get kernel panic and end trace.
Its possible that its because im running my tftp server as a container on proxmox 3.4 ?
There was a mount involved loop in the init script he asked to edit, and i know there's no loop in containers.

Well I did do what the thread says, and i get kernel panic and end trace.
Its possible that its because im running my tftp server as a container on proxmox 3.4 ?
There was a mount involved loop in the init script he asked to edit, and i know there's no loop in containers.
did you manage to get anywhere with this or did you just get sent on more wild goose chases to observe the misery of others and thus increase your own! im looking for some pointers to setup a tftp/nfs boot of proxmox if you have any useful suggestions!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!