Adding a 3rd manager hangs ceph

jpalcic

Mar 15, 2023
When I add a 3rd monitor to CEPH the 3rd node times out and gives me timeout error 500 on the crush map and database.

Also navigating to any of the ceph tabs on the 3rd node shows no data. However ceph continues to work.

I’m not in front of the cluster at the moment but when I am tomorrow, I can post details. I am new to Proxmox, so don’t have Ceph dashboard installed, yet to get logs rather quickly.

Just curious to see if anyone has ever seen this before. I’ve reinstalled and get the same error. Im not sure if im trying to add monitors and managers too quickly or what’s going on.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!