Add node to cluster failed

Chris72

Apr 26, 2018
Hi,

just installed a new pve 5.1 node to expand my cluster.

# pvecm addnode ip_address - resulting in:

400 Parameter verification failed.
node: invalid format - value does not look like a valid node name

the cluster currently consists of 2 nodes:

root@b1-2:~# pvecm status
Quorum information
------------------
Date: Thu Apr 26 19:56:40 2018
Quorum provider: corosync_votequorum
Nodes: 2
Node ID: 0x00000001
Ring ID: 1/92
Quorate: Yes

Votequorum information
----------------------
Expected votes: 2
Highest expected: 2
Total votes: 2
Quorum: 2
Flags: Quorate

Membership information
----------------------
Nodeid Votes Name
0x00000001 1 192.168.45.41 (local)
0x00000002 1 192.168.45.51

If anybody has any ideas, please ...

you probably don't want to use "pvecm addnode" (which adds a prepared node to an existing cluster, and needs to be called on one of the cluster nodes), but "pvecm add" (which prepares and adds a node to an existing cluster, and needs to be called on the node that wants to join the cluster). if you are running an uptodate PVE both on the cluster and the joining node, you can also join using the GUI (Datacenter->Cluster).

Reactions: Chris72
I have the same problem. I trying to add node to cluster. Cluster is v5.4, the new node is v6. On the new nodee run "pvecm add ip_address_on_nod_from_cluster", ask me for password and then get this:
Login succeeded.
Request addition of this node
400 Parameter verification failed. link0: property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties

I have the same problem. I trying to add node to cluster. Cluster is v5.4, the new node is v6. On the new nodee run "pvecm add ip_address_on_nod_from_cluster", ask me for password and then get this:
Login succeeded.
Request addition of this node
400 Parameter verification failed. link0: property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties
You cant mix pve5 corosync2 with pve6 corosync3

The cluster is with corosync3 (I upgradet to 5.4 and corosync 3). First I try to upgrade the cluster (with 3 nodes) but when started upgrade with the first node I received an error, try everything and finally re-install the server. Then I try to re-add to the cluster (with changed IP and hostname).

The cluster is with corosync3 (I upgradet to 5.4 and corosync 3). First I try to upgrade the cluster (with 3 nodes) but when started upgrade with the first node I received an error, try everything and finally re-install the server. Then I try to re-add to the cluster (with changed IP and hostname).

this is not supported. Corosync 3.x on PVE 5.4 is only available as first step of a cluster-wide upgrade, not for long-term running or interaction with PVE 6.x nodes.

OK, how can I proceed to upgrade all nodes and make them in a cluster?
I think to try to upgrade the rest nodes. Then to add newly installed. Is that right way?

OK, how can I proceed to upgrade all nodes and make them in a cluster?
I think to try to upgrade the rest nodes. Then to add newly installed. Is that right way?

yes.

that error shows that you previously had a mix of stock Debian (spl-dkms) and PVE ZFS/SPL packages (rest) installed, which is not supported. please make sure your PVE 5 nodes are full upgraded to the latest PVE 5.x packages and in a good shape before upgrading.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!