Add new machine

Inferno

Mar 31, 2012
Hi!

How can I add new machine to existing VE2 web interface?
I'm going migrate from this existing machine to another... but I don't know the best way to do this.
Can you help me please?

yes, but:
All nodes must be in the same network as it uses IP Multicast to communicate between nodes (See also Corosync Cluster Engine). Note: Some switches do not support IP multicast by default and must be manually enabled first. See multicast notes for more information about multicast.
both servers are located in difficult data centers, so they aren't in the same network

Theoreticaly, you may use EoIP (Ethernet Over IP) tunel to make cluster beleive, that all nodes in the same ethernet segment. :)
But, at real world, I thik it's too complex.

so bye bye cluster in deferent location !!!

I LOVE PROXMOX 1.X series .

just to note, clusters in different locations was never a supported configuration in 1.x, (but yes it worked most times). And for 2.0 there are also workarounds (unsupported).

just to note, clusters in different locations was never a supported configuration in 1.x, (but yes it worked most times). And for 2.0 there are also workarounds (unsupported).
so, which way can I use? :)

You can use backup/restore (vzdump).

that is not cluster , is Move/transfer vm between proxmox servers .

in V1.X we add cluster the the node by thier public ip , so it work perfectly , even if in defirent location , stop/start/create/delete work like a charm . that was the best advantage for chose proxmox .

now in version 2 , is beatifull to see new feature . but the cluster in defirent location was not supporter . and the requirement for some is defficult for somes .

why not to add the old mecanisme of cluster . other compititor software do the same now .

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!